Dr. Wolf Schamberger, MD, FRCPC, UBC Division of Rehabilitation Medicine
Dr. Schamberger is a Clinical Associate Professor of Rehabilitation Medicine and consultant at the Allan McGavin Sports Center at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada. Dr. Schamberger is currently on staff at Burnaby Hospital. A former 2:20 marathon runner with 39 races to his credit, he continues to be active in sports, where he gathers firsthand knowledge on biomechanics, sports related injuries and physical problems caused by Malalignment. His book THE MALALIGNMENT SYNDROME: IMPLICATIONS FOR SPORT AND MEDICINE is becoming widely recognized as an important publication in the field of spinal injuries.
Jan Boyd, Bsc (PT), MCPA, Reg. College PT (BC)
Jan Boyd is a licensed physiotherapist with extensive experience in the treatment of sports and spinal injuries. She holds a B.Sc and B.Pt from the University of Alberta and has completed many postgraduate courses in manual therapy and sports medicine. Jan has published works in various medical journals and is an associate lecturer.
Jan has been an active participant in orthopedic symposiums. Her other official capacities include official investigator for BC, disciplinary committee for the physiotherapy association and an examiner at the university since 1998.
Jan Boyd encourages a healthy lifestyle in both personal and professional endeavors.
Presentations & Publications
Below is a brief list of Presentations & Publications that Dr. Wolf Schamberger and Jan Boyd have contributed to in the past:
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- Providence Health Care
- Fraser Health
- BC Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 2005
- American/Canadian Sports Physicians Convention 2004
- Vancouver Wellness Show 2004
- Osteopaths 2005
- Capm&r - Canadian Association of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- New Trail for University of Alberta 2006
- VGH: Medical Residents Lectures
- Japan: Assessment and treatment for Health company and subsequent return to Vancouver for follow-up.
- CAOM: (USA) Malalignment Workshops for Annual Meetings.
- Annual Vancouver Marathons: Information booth and presentations
- Speakers for Annual Health Meeting for Burnaby Board & Trade